RISK EDUCATION—Every business owner knows they need insurance. But many business owners don’t realize the importance of utilizing a Risk Manager to help navigate the insurance marketplace for the best coverages, individualized programs and competitive prices.
One of the most frequently asked questions about Risk Managers is “How are you any different than my insurance agent?”
I’ve asked American Risk Managers Vice President Jessica Spears to answer that question for our readers.
Here are some of the many ways that Risk Managers differ from insurance agents:
- Insurance agents receive compensation from insurance companies. As Independent Risk Managers, we receive no compensation from insurance companies.
- An insurance agent’s compensation is based off of a percentage of your company’s premium. Our compensation is a straight fee that is always covered by your savings.
- Our only loyalty is to our client. We have no preference as to who you choose as your agent or insurance company.
- We draw up Bid Specifications specific to your company from which all insurance bids are based. This way, you have a true apples-to-apples comparison on all of the bids.
- An agents’ responsibility is to their company and the insurance companies. Our only point of loyalty is to our clients.
We believe that everyone knows the business they are in better than anyone else. If you are in the retail business, you know retail. If you are in the manufacturing business, you know manufacturing.
We are in the Risk Management business and we know insurance.
That is why we believe it is important to have someone like us — someone who sits on your side of the desk — to help you understand your exposures and the coverages you need.
We also know how to read the insurance policies to ensure all your risks and exposures are covered.
Talk To Ms. Jessica About More Risk Management Benefits By Calling (800) 548-0117.
(Photo Credit: Christina Morillo/Pexels.)